Step 1 − Click on Settings -> Permalinks from the left navigation menu.
S Step 2 − When you click on Permalinks, the below page displays on the screen.
Below are a few settings you can make into the permalinks −
- Common settings−
Check anyone of the radio buttons to choose your permalink structure for your blogs:-
- Default− It sets default URL structure in WordPress.
- Day and name− It sets URL structure according to the date and name to your posts.
- Month and name− It sets the URL structure according to the month and name to your post.
- Numeric− It sets numbers in URL structure in your post.
- Post name− It sets post name in the URL structure in your post.
- Custom Structure− It sets the custom structure about URL of your choice by writing the desired name in the given text box.
These are optional. Contains 2 options.
- Category Base– It adds custom prefix for your category URL.
- Tag Base– It adds custom prefix to your Tags URL.
Step 3 −You are done with all the changes, then click on Save Changes button to save the permalink settings.