System Requirements for WordPress
- Web Server−
- WAMP (Windows)
- LAMP (Linux)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
- Database− MySQL 5.0 +
- Operating System− Cross-platform
- PHP Compatibility− PHP 5.2+
- Browser Support− Firefox, IE (Internet Explorer 8+), Safari,Google chrome, Opera
To download the wordpress go to the link-https://wordpress.org/download/, then you will get to see a screen as below from there you should download the wordpress.
- WordPress requires MySQL database. Create a new empty database with username, password
- Then, you can continue with the installation process.
Set Up Wizard
You can continue with the following steps it is very easy to setup the wordpress:
Step 1 − Extract the downloaded WordPress file and save it into your web server or localhost.
Step 2 − Open your browser and select the WordPress file path, then you will get the first screen of the WordPress installer as shown below. In our case, the path is localhost/< wordpress file path >.
Select English (United States) language for the WordPress and click on Continue.
Step 3 − In this step, you can view the information required for the database before proceeding with WordPress installation.
Click on Let’s go! for next page
Step 4 − you have to enter the information about the MySQL database as shown in the following screen.
- Database Name− Enter the database name which created in MySQL database for WordPress.
- Username− Enter the username of your MySQL database.
- Password− Enter the password which you had set for MySQL database.
- Database Host− Write the name of host, by default it will be localhost.
- Table Prefix− It is used to add prefix in the database tables which is used to run multiple sites on the same database. It takes the default value.
After filling all information, click on Submit button.
Step 5 − WordPress checks the database setting and then it gives you the confirmation screen as shown below.
Click on Run the install for next page
Step 6 − Enter administrative information.
It contains the fields −
- Site Title− Enter the sitename which you want to give to your site.
- Username− Enter the username as per your choice.
- Password − Enter password to protect your site.
- Your E-mail− Enter your e-mail address which helps you to recover the password or any update regarding your site.
- Privacy− It allows the search engine to index the site after checking/clicking on the checkbox.
After filling all the information, click on the Install WordPress button.
Step 7 − After installation finish,
You can see your username and password detail added in WordPress.
Click on Log In button.
Step 8 − After clicking on login, you will get a Admin Panel of wordpress as depicted in the following screen.
Enter the username and password which is used in installation as shown in step 6 and click on the Log In button.