Step 1− Click on Pages -> Add New as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 2− You will get the editor page as seen in the below screenshot. The editor page has two buttons, Visual and Text. You can add text in editor. Here, we’ll study about inserting text into Visual format.
Below are the details of the fields on editor page of the Add New Page.
Title-It is used to write the title of the article, that is later displayed on the page.
Permalink shows the potential URL for the page below the title. The URL generates as per the given title.
Below are the options present within editor −
• Bold Button − It is used to bold your font.
• Italic − It is used to italicize the font.
• Word Strike − It strikes through the content.
• Bullet List − It adds bullets to content.
• Number List − It adds numbers to the list of the content.
• Blockquote − It quotes the text.
• Horizontal Line − It creates a horizontal line between sentences.
• Left Align − It sets the content on the left side of the page.
• Right Align − It sets the content to the right side of the page.
• Justify − It justifies the content of the page.
• Add Link − It adds a link to your content. When you click on this button, the below page gets displayed.
Below are the fields present in the Insert/edit link.
• URL − It enter URL you want to link.
• Link text − It insert text which you want to enter into the link.
• Open link in a new window/tab − It opens your link page into the new tab or window. After that it checks the box as required.
• Or link to existing account − It links to an existing content page by selecting the page between the given list. When you click on existing page then you get a link created in the URL section as seen in the bellow screenshot.
• Remove Link − It deletes the particular link added for text or content.
• Read more tag − It adds Read More tag to your page.
• Toolbar toggle − When it clicks on this you get another list of toolbar as shown in the below image.
• Paragraph − It is used to select the headings as required for the text from the dropdown.
• Underline − It is used to underlines the sentences.
• Justify − It justifies your content.
• Text Color − It sets color for words or sentences.
• Paste as Text − It pastes your text.
• Clear Formatting − It deletes selected content.
• Special character − It is used to inserts special characters needed in your content.
• Increase Indent − It is used to increase the indent of the page.
• Decrease Indent − It is used to decrease the indent of the page.
• Undo − It is used to reverse the most recent editing command or text.
• Redo − Opposite of undo, restores the most recent editing command or text.
For writing the content of an article.
It is used to publish the page to the user on the website.
You can also set order of the pages.Page attributes module allows you to select the parents for your particular page.
• Parent − It allows you to select parent page.
• Order − It is used to set the order of the page.
- Featured Images – It is used to include the images in the pages.