Introduction To PHP:
- PHP is web technology implemented by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 using ‘c’ and ‘perl’.
- Using php we can implement logic in web page application
- Rasmus implemented php 1.0 to find out how many user accessing its resume for web server
- PHP stand for Personal Home Page also Called as “Hypertext Preprocessor”.
Feature Of PHP:
- Cross Platform.
- php is cross web server it can run under Apache , tomcat etc.
- php supports diff type of database it is providing built-in provider to connect with application with open source database like MySQL.
- PHP is open Source.
- php is simple to implement web application.
- php is very fast because of zend engine.
- php 5.0 support number of Object oriented programming concept like Inheritance, interface, etc.
- PHP supports diff type of editors like notepad, notepad++,etc.
Version In PHP:
- Implemented by rusmous lerdorf.
- It is not server site script.
- if only find total no of visitor
- it is partially server site script.
- it is cross database.
- Zeav Suraski & Gatman Rewritten the functionalities of php 2.0 from and relies 3.0 as fully server site script. they started Zend organization to maintain PHP.
- PHP 3.0 is cross Platform.
- it is fully server site script.
4. PHP 4.0(2004)
- its run time engine of php application.
- Templeting system is introduced with php 4.0
- Major upgrade of 5.30 is object oriented programming support
- zend engine 2.0 is introduce with php 5.0.
- Zend organization plan to relie 6.0 base on unic code support concept according to this concept to create use his native language to create application or program.
7. PHP 7.0(2015-16)
- Main Update of 7.0 is XML and web services support is increases